Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Winter's Long Road

It sure has been a while since I've last blogged.  I must make this more of a priority, as it's a great way to get emotions out.  Since my last blog, I've suffered an incredible loss in my family:  the death of my grandmother.  She was so loved by all, the head of our large family.  

Getting through this large "bump" in the road of life seemed to be compounded as it happened a week after my birthday, only several weeks before Christmas, one of Nan's fave holidays!  To further compound the heaviness of our hearts, a winter with a seemingly endless supply of snow!!!  Now, usually winter tends to bring with it the onset of SAD: seasonal affective disorder.  This winter, having gone through my first Christmas in 34 yrs without a significant member of our family present, I refused to let winter get to me.  I couldn't, as it would've easily crushed me...I was so very sad and lonely without her, despite being surrounded by many loving family members and friends.  She left a large emptiness in all of our lives, and so, this past winter, I decided to embrace the snow and cold.  After all, I have my powerful essential oils which helped me release feelings of negativity and gave me the strength to embrace the positive all around me.

I took up snowshoeing and continued running through the winter, all as a vow to make 2011 my year to get back into my best shape yet!  This renewed focus is what helped me get through a long, snowy winter season, and was a coping mechanism for me to deal with my recent loss.  I am feeling better now, each day is easier, knowing she'd be proud of my accomplishments thus far.  I use my new acquired Frankincense Resin Burner everyday, filling my house with the beautiful aromatic scent that is the very spiritual Frankincense.  I feel so at peace when I'm using either the essential oil itself or lightly burning the resin.  

Another oil I used in the several days and weeks following the loss of my grandmother, was Trauma Life essential oil blend.  This blend is known to help the mind and body release negative emotion that was a result of a significant trauma.  Joy essential oil blend is an uplifting blend, filled with positive feelings, bringing about a sense of peace from within, enabling the wearer to deal with the everyday stresses in one's life.  These two essential oil blends, along with my Frankincense essential oil, greatly increased my feelings of peace, positivity and ultimately, happiness, battling down those feelings of sadness, depression and loneliness.

I will include in this blog, some information on these oils and also a link to my Facebook page and Twitter account is on my blog page.

Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind. Useful for visualizing, improving one's spiritual connection, and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and overcome stress and despair. Frankincense is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East, where it has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. More recently, it has been used in European and American hospitals and is the subject of substantial research. Frankincense is also a valuable ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin. The ancient Egyptians used it in rejuvenation face masks. Frankincense has an approximate ORAC of 6,125 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter. 
 
http://www.youngliving.com/en_US/audio/ColeWoolleyFrankincenseWebinar.mov  (this is a journey regarding Sacred Frankincense)


Frankincense, Boswellia carteri, is also known as
“olibanum,” or “oil from Lebanon.” Considered the
“holy anointing oil” in the Middle East, frankincense
has been used in religious ceremonies for
thousands of years. It was well known during
the time of Christ and was one of the gifts given
to Christ at his birth. Anciently, the Chinese
used frankincense as a treatment for a range of
ailments. Today, frankincense is still used worldwide
for both its ceremonial and medicinal use.
Frankincense can be used topically, as a dietary
supplement, or diffused.
Primary Benefits
Frankincense can ease many minor aches and
pains, clear the lungs, act as a skin tonic, as well
as calm and soothe the whole body and mind.
Its sweet, warm, balsamic aroma is stimulating
and elevating. Useful for visualizing and improving
one’s spiritual connection, frankincense has
comforting properties that help center the mind
and overcome stress and despair. Frankincense
also contains sesquiterpenes which stimulate the
limbic system of the brain—the center of memory
and emotions—and the hypothalamus, pineal,
and pituitary glands.

Joy™ is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.

Trauma Life™ is a calming, grounding blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils formulated to help release buried emotional trauma resulting from accidents, neglect, the death of a loved one, assault, or abuse. Left unchecked, emotionally draining episodes may be at the root of fatigue, anger, and restlessness.

For more information regarding these and more oils from Young Living's line of 100% Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils, please don't hesitate to contact me via Twitter @NRG4ME or at my web address:  https://www.youngliving.org/melissasaucier  or on my Facebook page:  Health Scents- Essential Oils by YL.  

Until next blog, take care and keep smiling!  ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment